My Random Ramblings

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Today is for you, Yenz ~

Was just reading my sister's blog in my office today. God, was it a wake up call for me. First of all, as to how oblivious I was to all my sister's suffering and pain. Second of all, how real and deep a pain one single person can cause.

I'm sorry, Yen, I should have been more aware of your silent suffering. I know there wasn't much that I could have helped you with, but at least I could have been there to comfort you and let you know that you have a sister that cares a lot about you. But I wasn't there for you during your difficult times. You have always been there for me whenever I needed someone.

Through the years, I've seen soooo many friends come and go..and boyfriends. Those whom I thought so dear. They just walked out of my life and disappeared just like that. But you, my dear sister, you have always been there. There is a saying that says that the only constant thing in life is change. But I feel that YOU are a CONSTANT in my life. For 24 years now, you have always been by my side. And I know you will still be for years to come. Until the day you or I drop down to the ground and die. That is why you are someone I hold so dear to my heart. I'm really sorry I was too blind to see. But know that it never means that I care any less about you. I want you to ba happy and have a good life. So please take care of you health and get more rest ok? Yenz, if I've never told you this, I love you! :*

This year, I vow to be more sensitive towards the feelings of my loved ones and be there for them at their time of need, as they have always been for me.

This year, I choose to be happy and not let things that I have no power to change bother me.

This year, I choose to be thankful for all the things I have been blessed with. To love all the beautiful things that life has given to me. To love all the pain, suffering and bad times I've had to endure, for without which, I would never be able to realise and cherish what I have in my life today. I would have simply taken everything for granted. And it was all the bad times that made me a stronger person today, gave me a better ability to love.

This is to all women out there (deserving women, at least!) :
Never let any man trample over your heart like that. Men who do that are JUST NOT WORTH IT. Move on, move forward. Change for nobody but yourself. Enjoy the beauty of life. And along the way, you will definitely find that special someone who will love you and treat you the way you truly deserve. By then, make sure you open up your heart to accept this 'little gift'. You will never be happy if you keep your heart closed. Learn to love yourself first and true love will come looking for you.

I am living testimony of this. And I thank all my lucky stars that I have been given a second chance at happiness. :) Mmmm...I love my boyfriend so much! I love you, Raja Izan! You make my world so beautiful! :)

p/s: I cried in the office while writing this post, Yen!

5 comments:

jolcy said...

*hugs*

Thankie for the beautiful words...

We'll forever be sisters ma.. no matter how much we used to fight before.. pulling at each others hair or probably almost strangling each other.. but then we all grow up and mature and learn to realise that at the end of the day who are those that are dearest to our hearts..

ya.. it hurts that at that moment ppl dun appreciate your kindness or what you have done for them but then it will be all ok when at the end of the day that person realises and appreciate what you have done..

anyway, I know that if I ever ask for any help from you.. I am sure you would do the same for me..

as for my entries.. well.. it's just life.. and I think many ppl go thru it.. it's just a feeling at that moment that you wanna pen down.. and once it's over we just learn to let go and be happy again.. so, no worries bout me.. you know how i've always been.. just take it for that moment and then forget about it.. so, it's all cool.. :)

Othy said...

My.. i felt like an outsider here..

Anyway, that was something.. made me wish i had a sister too.. :)

Be grateful and cherish all that we have today cos life is short..

*Just tot to let you know, i've been here.. *

~Ze Hermit~ said...

Hahaha...We love you too, Bree! You're like our other sister!

~Ze Hermit~ said...

Hahaha...We love you too, Bree! You're like our other sister!

Othy said...

Muaaksss, and i love you guys too...

Hiee.. don't you think it's time for u to do some update around here?? :P